Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Production Target 2 - PT 2.1 - Final Idea

After having an indecisive few weeks I have finally chosen the project I will be focusing on for my final major project. Product design is something that I haven't previously done however I would love to focus on this whilst at college and learn more about it therefore I am going to be designing, branding and creating a shoe box for sports trainers. As well as the shoebox I will be using a personally branded drawstring bag which can hold the shoebox in as well as being reuasble for the customer, this will be great for the cusomer to use the bag as a useful fitness accessory as well as promoting the brand of trainers. The reason I have chosen to make the package for sports trainers is because I had to consider what I am passionate about and how I can relate that to my project. Going to the gym and running are things that I love to do in my spare time, keeping fit is very important to me. In order to make my package design different to other competitors, I will turn the product into a fitness and health motivational product as well as being a package for trainers. The branding of my product is just as important as the initial design of the box therefore I will need to consider how create a logo that fits with the theme of the product, font and colourings. Marketing is another key aspect of the project, I would like to create an online banner advert that would go on social media sites to engage all types of audience with my product and allow them to get a feel the brand of trainers.


When I came up with the idea of using a bag as well as the package that holds the product I remembered that when I previously bought an item from Apple I was given this type of drawstring bag. This is an effective way increasing customer satisfaction by making the the product easier to carry. This is excatly why I will be designing a drawstring bag to carry my brand of trainers, the bag is especially relevent to my idea because the customer can use the bag when they go out for a run or to the gym, it will also promote the brand.

Research is a crucial part of my project because the original knowledge I had for package design was very little therefore I have been looking at several books that have given me a brilliant idea of how to start out with my project. Although the research has been helpful, there is a lot that I need to think about when it comes to being practical with designing and creating the product itself such as, which software I will be using and how it will be printed. Now that I have my theory based idea it is time for me to start working on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment