As my previous blog posts demonstrate, I have struggled with picking a name, originally I brainstormed a list of words that relate to fitness and I attempted to come up with three initials that stand for individual words. I wasn't completely happy with any of the names that I came up with therefore I finally decided that I wanted to come up with a new name.
Trying to come up with a name for a sports brand proved to be quite difficult because I noticed that most iconic sports brand names are short, snappy and not related to sport/fitness, such as, Nike, Adidas, Asics, Puma, Reebok etc. The name Ava popped into my head and at the time it made sense, I am unable to explain why or how this particular name relates to my project however I just think it sounds right, it is snappy, original and when I first thought of it, I could straight away imagine consumers asking for a 'pair of Ava's'.
Now that the brand name was set in stone, I have started to design possible logos. So far I have been getting a feel for how I can arrange the three letters to make a striking and memorable logo, firstly I made the stroke very thin however I realised that it wouldn't stand out much on a pair of trainers so I experimented with a thicker stroke which, in my opinion, made such a difference.
Throughout the next few weeks, I will be making more progress with my logo until I am completely happy. Finally, I will conduct further research to find out which logo others prefer and that will help with my overall decision.
Now that I am designing potential logos for my brand, I have found
myself thinking about what colours and typography I want to be
including. Originally, I kept the logo thumbnails black however when I
started to get a feel for a look I was trying trying to achieve, I began to experiment
with colours. The brand is gender neutral so the colour scheme will
have to be diverse enough to attract both males and females. As well as
experimenting with colours I have also been experimenting with a range
of styles. The style of the logo has remained simple through tout the design process however I used tools on Illustrator such as the sheer tool to make the text appear slanted in order to make to give the illusion of movement which fits in with the fitness theme. Most of my designs looked similar and I wasn't completely happy with any of them so I made the letters thicker and I instantly preferred the overall look.
I am pleased with my progress throughout the design process because I have experimented with a range of fonts and sizes to finally come up with a logo that I can imagine being on my final products. The colours I have concluded with are gender neutral whilst still being bold enough to make an impression on the consumer. As you can see from the example above, I have experimented with the placement of colours so I can see what looks best of this particular logo. I have also considered using all of the colour variety's on different packages to show that my product's can be versatile as well as sticking to a consistant theme.




No comments:
Post a Comment