Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Experimentation


Now that I know I can use the laser machine for the shoebox, I am begining to experiment using trial and error. I opened up InDesign and set the page up to the largest measurements the laser can produce (35.5cm - 22.5cm). I searched for a shoebox net online and I found one that I placed onto the software, I printed the design onto an A3 piece of paper and cut out the outline. Folding the net into the box was quite difficult at first but I finally got the hang of it.







The measurements on the laser cutter aren't big enough for me to create a perfectly sized shoebox which was my original plan. My new idea is to show examples of what the shoebox would look like as well as printing off more than one, I can use this as an opportunity to print out a range of different colours and styles to suit everyone.  Now that I have accepted that the shoebox's won't be the size I originally wanted them to be, I will have to consider if the branded bags should be smaller to compliment the shoebox; the display at the end of year show will look more proffessional and polished is all the packages are the same size.




I have looked online for both small and realistic sized bags and I stumbled accross a seller that offers different sizes. The drawstring bags are plain cotton so they are suitable for me to use the iron on technique to place my logo onto the front. I ordered three bags, one large (40CM X 50CM) and two small (25CM X 30CM). The smaller bag will then compliment the smaller shoebox prototypes and the display at the end of year show will look more polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment