Friday, 20 May 2016

Brand Colours

All those months ago, right at the beginning of the project, I knew I wanted to finish with a mint coloured shoebox. The slightly washed out colour creates a clean, fresh and neat appearance. I also wanted to relate the colours on the box to the theme of my product; considering I am branding theoretical fitness trainers, I have used the green and grey to symbolise gravel and grass, colours of running paths.
 

The colours I have used for my fitness brand are convenient for the target audience because I believe they are gender neutral, I also wanted to keep it subtle as well as being pleasing to the eye. The two different shades of green compliment each other, sometimes when two shades of the same colour are layered, they can contrast slightly too much or the human eye can blend them together however the darker shade of green on the logo looks vibrant and noticeable. I have also included grey in the logo because although the green stands out more, I like the way the two colours look side by side because they contrast slightly which causes them to draw in more attention.







 

When placing my logo on the bag I wanted to experiment with the order of the colours therefore I designed one logo with all green letters, one with two grey and one green and finally, one logo with two green and one grey. I liked how the bags turned out because it demonstrates that Ava is a diverse brand and it allows the customer to choose the colours they prefer.





No comments:

Post a Comment