Friday, 20 May 2016

Sketches

I needed to be able to roughly visualise where I was planing to place the logo on both the shoebox and the bag therefore I drew out a couple of quick sketches to demonstrate that the logo will be centre of both packages. After sketching, I moved onto illustrator, designed the net and placed the logo according to the drawings. I printed the net on an A4 piece of paper, cut it out with scissors and started folding it into place. I then assessed the shape of the box to see if the dimensions were correct; as well as using the prototype to test out the dimensions, it was also helpful to experiment with the placement of my branded logo. Once I was happy with how my personal logo looked on the box, I was able to imagine what the final product will look like.

Making prototypes is hugely important for me throughout the next few weeks because I will need to be experimenting with different dimensions and designs so the final product will be created to the best of my ability.
After continuosly experimenting with and updating my net, I have designed and put together a couple more prototypes. As well as putting the shoebox together using paper, I have practised spray mounting the paper onto cardboard and fixing it together so I will be more prepared and aware of the obsticles I may face when creating my final package. I have noticed that the dimensions of the prototypes aren't completely accurate therefore a lecturer and I sketched an updated net and wrote down all the correct dimensions, once I was completely happy with the net on paper, I made the correct changes to my illustrater file. Finally, I printed off the net and made my last perfected prototype.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment