Throughout my next lesson at College, I discussed with a lecturer other possible printing ideas. We spoke about how I could section off the net and print each of the sections onto A3 card then put them together to make the box a realistic size; this process sounds quite difficult but I am willing to give it a go because I am determined to end up with the package that I set out to complete.
I began to section off parts of the net by using the Artboard tool on illustrator, I split the net roughly into 11, once I had split the net into various sections, I opened up the document in Adobe Acrobat and that allowed me to look at each section close up as well as letting me manipulate parts of the file in order to make it easier for me to print.
Once I had the outline of the net, I folded it into place and used glue to secure the flaps together. Throughout this process, a lecturer and I noticed that the dimensions of the net weren't as accurate as they could have been therefore we designed a rough sketch of the updated net with the correct dimensions. I opened up my original net on illustrator and began to alter it according to the sketch.
I perfected the dimensions and changed the outline colour to make the net look clean and neat before sending off the final design. It was time to design my final prototype therefore I sent the net to the printer on A4 paper and folded it together to make sure it was accurate; luckily the net was the perfect fit. It was then time to get my professional print, I downloaded the file onto a USB and took it over to Digiprint where the design was printed onto A1 thick paper.





No comments:
Post a Comment