The company delivered instructions, personalised transfer paper, free fixing paper and a free sample tester to experiment with. The process was simple and easy, I started by turning on the iron and setting it to the highest temperature, I then waited a couple of minutes for it to reach the maximum heat. Once the iron was hot enough, I placed the cotton bag onto a flat surface, then I rested the transfer paper onto the centre of the cotton bag with the logo faced down. After, I began to iron over the paper in circular motions, making sure the iron didn't spray any water because that could've left burn marks on the bag and there would have been a chance that the logo wouldn't have transferred onto the cotton as well. I stopped ironing after 1 minutes 30 seconds and left the transfer to cool completely before gently peeling it off. Once I had peeled off the transfer, I then placed the fixing paper over the logo and ironed for a further 30 seconds, unlike the transfer paper, I peeled the fixing paper off whilst it was still hot.
Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Iron On Design Process
Iron On Design is a website that allows you to personalise premium iron on transfer paper by uploading your own image and/or text to the website. I used the website to upload different colour variations of my branded logo to individual pieces of transfer paper. The website also gives you the option to choose the transfer type, this means that you need to think about whether you will be ironing the image/text onto a dark or light cotton. Personally I selected the light cotton because I ironed onto a light beige colour. I ordered two A5 transfers and one A4 transfer because I wanted to experiment with the size of the logo on different bags.
Overall, I am pleased with the finished products. The transfer paper worked wonders and it was such a simple process which is why I am so happy I found the Iron On Design website. Unfortunately I have found myself being pedantic; personally I think the logo on the bigger bag (40CM X 50CM) looks slightly too small for the bag, compared to the smaller bags. I wish I ordered a larger piece of transfer paper for the bigger bag because it doesn't quite compliment the smaller bags. Luckily, when I put an example shoebox in the bag (as shown in the last image), I thought the look came together because the box made the surface of the bag appear smaller which made the logo more prominent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment