Who is your target audience?
The brand of my trainers and the package do not have a particular target audience in terms of gender or age however considering the brand is based around fitness, the audience would be those who have an interest in that particular area, whether that would be if they have had years of experience or if the customer is new to health and fitness and wants to live a more healthy lifestyle and start working out.
I spoke to a lecturer about narrowing down the target audience so it would be easier for me to come up with a market sheme that would appeal to them; we spoke about the style of the trainers which made me realise that I would like to come up with an everyday pair of trainers that are designed for the purpose of my fitness project instead of trying to create a fashion item.
Provide details about this particular project. What problem are you trying to solve?
As it is clear in my previous blog posts, I have changed my idea countless times; the problem for me is that I haven't decided on the overall goal for the project. Originally the idea was to inspire the customers to life a more healthy lifestyle, I was going to do this by delivering healthy advice along with the package design however after thinking about how I could create this I realised that I would prefer to focus on the physical fitness side of the healthy lifestyle. The branding side of the project is possibly one the most important steps, I will need to think of a way to make an iconic logo that is recognisable and relatable to the product.
What are the deliverables that you will create?
The physical items of my project will be the package for the brand of trainers that I will come up with, the branding for the trainers wll be the idea that I will be working with therefore I won't be making the trainers but the idea of them will help me to create the shoebox and bag. I would like to focus on making two different types of packaging in order to find out which the most successful on is. At this stage I prefer the idea of a bag because it can be recycled.
Do you have an end goal or target you're trying to reach with this project?
The goal for my project is create a brand of trainers that have a place on the market and attract the customers that have an interest in fitness. I would also like to demonstrate that the branding and packaging are just as inportant as the product therefore that is why I will be spending my time focusing on how I can make mine different to existing competitors.
What are the milestone for this project?
Firstly I started by doing a research project, it allowed me understand what the public want from a package as well as giving me further knowledge into what package design is and how it can effect the overall sale of a product. This was helpful for me considering I am only a beginer in the subject so the more research I did, the more experience I gained. Now that I have finished the research I will be sketching down some ideas for the branding side of the product, doing this will open a door for me to begin the design process. After deciding on the brand I will begin to market and design the product.
No comments:
Post a Comment