I began to conduct my research so I could look at previous ways brands have marketed creatively and I stumbled across Mark Fidelman's online article called 'Here Are 5 Of The Best Sports Marketing Campaigns That Went Viral In 2015.'
Fidelman has made a list of 5 world class sporting campaigns that have used digital media to make an impact. All campaigns were released in 2015 so they are all modernised and trending now. He has included an explanation of what each campaign is, what each company were hoping to gain from it and the end result. Throughout the online article, Fidelman has highlighted the impact of a hashtag, each of the campaigns he has looked into have used a hashtag to allow the consumers to gain easy access to further information about the product, people can also see what others have to say about the particular brand. Using a hashtag was an obvious solution for my marketing because of the impact and popularity they have on social media sites however I will need to give myself time to think about what sites I will use for advertising and if the hashtag is suitable for that site.
I focused on looking into this online article because it is extremely relevant to my project in the sense that sports and fitness is the theme I have chosen and I am looking into ways that I can successfully market my product. The article Fidelman has written has given me a range of ideas that I will be considering within the next few weeks.
Mark Fidelman. 2015. Here Are 5 Of The Best Sports Marketing Campaigns That Went Viral In 2015. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markfidelman/2015/06/09/here-are-5-of-the-best-sports-marketing-campaigns-that-went-viral-in-2015/#4498c30d3fff. [Accessed 21 March 16].
As well as looking into a broad range of ideas to market my brand through digital media, I also wanted to narrow it down to one social media site and look at how successful it has been when it comes to company marketing. I found another online article called '5 Creative Ways Brands Are Using Snapchat.'
Recently I have decided that I love the idea of focusing primarily on using Snapchat to market my brand, this particular article was extremely useful to look at whilst thinking of the different ways Snapchat can help entice my audience. The article is written by Jessica Gioglio, she demonstrates the efficiency of putting a message across using stories. The style of the article is another reason I was so intrigued to read on, Gioglio uses a list format which makes it clear for the audience, it is easier to read and straight to the point; we can prioritise the most relevant or important information to us.
Overall I am pleased that I found Jessica Gioglio's article because it has positively effected my initial idea for marketing my product. Surprisingly, until this week I hadn't thought of using Snapchat to advertise my brand although it is such an obvious and sensible idea because of the popularity of the social network.
Convince&Convert. 2015. 5 Creative Ways Brands Are Using Snapchat. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.convinceandconvert.com/social-media-case-studies/5-creative-ways-brands-are-using-snapchat/. [Accessed 18 March 16].
The idea for my overall project is to highlight that the product's package can be more than just a carrier because the package is what the costumer initially picks up therefore making a good first impression can effect the overall sale. Packaging is powerful because it also demonstrates why a particular brand and product is different. Apple popped into my head straight away when I thought of iconic packages; although packaging may seem secondary to most consumer companies, Apple is known to take care of each tiny detail of the packaging to make it immaculate.
I found an online article that shared a couple of Apple's successful secrets for their packages. The article suggests how crucial it is for the company to perfect every inch of their detail because of the popularity of the company, "One after another, the designer created and tested an endless series of arrows, colours, and tapes for a tiny tab designed to show the consumer where to pull back the invisible, full-bleed sticker adhered to the top of the clear iPod box. Getting it just right was this particular designer's obsession." Yoni Heisler. 2012. Inside Apple's secret packaging room. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.networkworld.com/article/2221536/data-center/inside-apple-s-secret-packaging-room.html. [Accessed 01 April 16]. Yoni made me realise that an impressive package is significant for the startup of a company because it can have a massive impact on the company's appeal and sales.


No comments:
Post a Comment