Friday, 18 March 2016

Unit 12 Reflection

Unit 12 allowed me to explore a range of different platforms to deliver my initial idea. The research project was part of my preparation for unit 13, it gave me further knowledge of the subject I will be focusing my project on as well as useful information on the best ways to execute that knowledge. I managed to conduct both primary and secondary research which helped me look into all aspects of the background of the subject I will be focusing on as well as looking at previous examples of similar projects to the one I have been planning. As it is shown in my previous blog posts, throughout the unit I changed my mind many times on the subject of my project as well the planned platform. Originally I wanted to design and create a website focused on making the public aware of representations and stereotypes through the media however after having a discussion with a lecturer, I realised that I should be focusing on something that I am passionate about so I am motivated to do as well as I possibly can in order to get the grade I am hoping to get.

For my project I will be designing a brand for a pair of fitness trainers and then creating a package for the trainers. I will be coming up with an original brand that I will be using for the package. The plan is to have to different types of packaging, a shoe box that I will be designing on Apple Mac software as well as a drawstring bag that I will print the branding on, this idea was focused around the idea of the customers re-using the bag when they are exercising which is also a great way of further promoting the brand. I believe that the packaging is almost as important as the product inside therefore I will be spending a lot of time considering how I can attract consumers and make my project different to others on the market. Marketing is a massive part of making a successful product therefore I plan to make a snapchat account for my brand that could theoretically be shown on the discover page, snaps of the trainers would be demonstrated in the form of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment