One of my lecturers kindly brought in a shoebox that he had recently
purchased. Asics is a sports brand therefore it was relevant to look at.
Overall the design is quite minimalistic, this complements the
simple logo that is shown on the package more than once, I noticed that
each logo was a different colour in order to contrast with background
which demonstrates a versatile aspect to the brand. Other than the logo,
the overall packaging is quite plain and boring. Although there are two
packages that the trainers come in, which is also the goal for my
project, I believe that they are both lacking creativity. I am planning
to come up with a brand that represents fitness as well as having the
versatility to attract a range of customers, despite their gender or
age.
When I came up with the idea of using a bag as well as the package that
holds the product I remembered that when I previously bought an item from
Apple I was given this type of drawstring bag. This is an effective way
increasing customer satisfaction by making the the product easier to
carry. This is exactly why I will be designing a drawstring bag to carry my brand of trainers, the bag is especially relevant to my idea because the customer can use the bag when they go out for a run or to the gym, it will also promote the brand.
I have been thinking of unique ways to market my brand, straight away I thought of making a digital advert that could be used on social media because of the popularity of sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc. I began to conduct secondary research to look at previous ways brands have marketed creatively and I stumbled accross this online article:
Convince&Convert. 2015. 5 Creative Ways Brands Are Using Snapchat. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.convinceandconvert.com/social-media-case-studies/5-creative-ways-brands-are-using-snapchat/. [Accessed 18 March 16].
The article discusses ways that companies have used snapchat to advertise their brands, this made me consider ways that I could do something similar. I would like to create quick for my brand which would go on the top discover bar of the snapchat story page, the logo would be shown on the icon and when it is clicked on, various videos related to my brand will be shown.
No comments:
Post a Comment