Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Trying New Techniques

Part of the overall package design will be a branded drawstring bag, in order to create this I will go online to buy an online bulk of plain bags and once I am completely happy with my branded logo, I will experiment with different ways that I can place the logo onto the plain bags. After speaking to a couple of lecturers, I considered using the ironing technique to stick on the logo. Before beginning this process, I will make sure that the fabric of the bag is suitable for the iron because the heat from the iron can possibly burn the bag if the fabric is too delicate. Once I am happy that I have the right materials to hand, I will lay the bag on a flat, heat-resistant surface then iron the logo onto a few different bags so I can experiment with the placement of the logo. After ironing on the patch I will give it at least 10 seconds to cool down before checking to see if it has worked out.

The other package will probably be slightly more difficult to design because I will be creating the template from scratch on an adobe software. Package design isn't something that I haven't previously studied therefore I might find it quite tricky to get the right net outline of the shape however I have been conducting secondary research into the designs of different packages. Throughout my research project, I found a book in the College library, Denison, E and Cawthray, R (1999). “Packaging Prototypes”, RotoVision. The book gives a range of 'how to' examples for packages similar to the one I am hoping to make which will be useful when I begin the design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment